Monday, April 1, 2013

Lettuce and Watering Cans for How Does Our Garden Grow?


The How Does Our Garden Grow my latest interactive theatrical storytelling event is coming along so beautifully and will be done in a couple of weeks.  Sandy and I went over some last minute script and music details several days ago. I am so happy with the whole show. It's beautiful, meaningful and the music is such a fun addition. I just LOVE it all!

Alot was accomplished this past week. Finished the strawberry costumes and strawberry props. Designed the lettuce costumes and the fabric lettuce props that the kids will hold, like a bouquet, depicted above. Deer, groundhogs, birds, bees, farmers, sunshine, love, worms, and more are done.

Everything has been designed, just a bit more sewing and it's all done!

Also made five cardboard watering cans over the weekend......they are pretty big, about 16 inches high by about 2 feet wide. The kids who are watering cans will be wearing vinyl ponchos and be watering the garden throughout the story.......The watering cans have a little song too. It is just adorable and I can't get it out of my head....been singing it for the past three days!


Watering cans. Watering cans.
Bring me a drink
As fast as you can.
Watering cans. Watering cans.
Bring me a drink today!
 
 

No comments: