Sunday, February 19, 2012

Finally Learned How to Crochet!

Yesterday's Crochet Rag Rug Workshop at Cloth and Bobbin in Narberth PA was fantastic. We worked under the capable guidance of Cathy Hetznecker who showed us how to take fabric strips, a size Q crochet hook and make rugs!
Cutting 1 1/2" fabric strips
Cut and Ready to Join Together

Here's Cathy!

Cathy is a hands on teacher!

Proud Rug Makers
This was about how big our rugs were after three hours of instruction.

I used some old saris found at a thrift shop, tearing them into strips and rolling them into balls beforehand.
Beginning stitches of my rug

close up of my crochet hook in action, (photo by Cathy)
It's a miracle. I'm actually crocheting! (photo by Cathy)
 It was a big thrill to finally learn how to crochet, after many failed attempts. For some reason it all clicked together. Many thanks to a good teacher, Cathy Hetznecker.

Kind of an earth and sky theme going here for my rug with blues and browns.........I'll post a picture when it's finished. My classmates are going to send me pictures of their finished rugs and I will be sharing them too. Here is a picture of one of Cathy's rugs, finished and up close.

one of Cathy's rugs


http://www.artypantz.blogspot.com

No comments: