Monday, December 26, 2011

Love That Smeill








Ahh….My Christmas morning was spent curled up in a nice hot bathtub with a new book and a fresh bar of handmade goat’s milk soap, from the hearts and hands of 13th Moon Creations

I discovered them in their booth at the Phoenixville Firebird Festival this year, and was lucky enough to leave that evening with an assortment of six bars of heavenly soap.

 When I smell something good I just can’t get enough of it. My whole studio is infused with the combined scents of those soap bars! They are tucked into a basket right next to my sewing machine, intoxicating in the purest sense of the word.

I’m really sensitive to smells and when someone smells good I just have to get closer and inhale with my eyes closed. It’s such a simple pleasure! I kept thinking that certain people in my booth at the Firebird Festival smelled so good and kept commenting on it, until I realized it was my next door neighbors’ booth permeating the air with their heavenly scents.

So, I just had to pop over there and meet the sweetest couple behind 13th Moon Creations Luxury Handmade Artisan Soaps and other fragrant wares, including Purse Sprays, Air Freshener/Linen Sprays & Sachets, Whipped Body Butters, Propriety Blend Perfume Oils, Solid Sugar Scrubs and more.

13 Moon Creations, LLC is the collaboration between the husband and wife team, Selena and Dan. Fueled by their love of all things from the 1940’s & 1950’s, fantasy, and mythology, they decided to combine their skills to create something they could share with the public.

Selena makes the goods and Dan designs the colorful and inviting packaging, ALL HANDMADE IN PENNSYLVANIA! Luckily you can order right off their website, and there is a list of PA stores on their website that carry their products., and they have their own brick and mortar store now too.

Jim and Selena just opened a store in Jim Thorpe Pennsylvania called Venus & the Moon at 31 Race Street in Jim Thorpe PA 18229. In addition to their merchandise, they also feature the work of local artisans. They are open Monday through Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. 267-884-5583. Email to VenusNtheMoon@gmail.com





You can find Venus and the Moon and 13th Moon Creations on FaceBook

http://www.artypantz.blogspot.com/

No comments: