Friday, July 3, 2009

Ding Dong Broken Eggs



It's amazing how good any kind of food tastes when it's real.....as in fresh from a garden or just unprocessed.

I remember traveling through Mexico and Central America in the 70's and marveling on how everything tasted like more of what it was. Bananas were bananaier, chicken chickenier, carrots carrotier and so on. I had a cantelope smoothie one evening in the center (el centro) of a small village in Oxaca, Mexico while watching women with long woven skirts and lavishly hand embroidered flower blouses float around the square. The smoothie was smoother, the skirts and blouses more colorful and hey the woman were even more womanly. Everything was super charged. It was twilight and there were millions of trilling birds in the trees, and in the air. A fluttering crescendo in silhouette against the sky and branches.

I have a friend here who's father raises chickens. They run around freely and eat a healthy diet. The yolks of their eggs are strikingly ORANGE, beautiful and delicious when cooked. They taste eggier.

Yesterday I was coming in the front door with three dozen of these lovelies, plus numerous bags of groceries, a large box of laundry soap and a bag of dog food. I leaned forward to hit the doorbell with my elbow because my hands were full.

I just had to get the camera and take a picture of what happened next.

www.artypantz.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

You are right, there is nothing like eggs from free range chickens!